WHO WE ARE
Christian Hospital Kasganj (CHK) is the largest not for profit organization in the District of Kasganj, in North Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Commonly known by the community as ‘Mission hospital’, CHK is working towards transforming the lives of our community, especially of the poorest, needy and ignorant people of district Kasganj and nearby districts through affordable health care, a loving and caring environment and through training programs. Our motto is to follow the teachings of Christ for the betterment of the community and the organization.
WHAT WE DO
- Christian hospital Kasganj is a 180-bedded charitable secondary care hospital in Kasganj District of Uttar Pradesh. The hospital started out just as a small dispensary by the dedicated missionaries from the Presbyterian Church USA as early as 1922. The hospital however has grown enormously since then, is spread over a land of 6.25 acres and is now intended to meet the health needs predominantly of Kasganj District catering to 715 villages with a population of more than 1.5 million and also the nearby districts.
- The General hospital offers the services in the areas of – Emergency, Child Health, Maternity, Laboratory, X-ray and Ultrasound, Pharmacy, ICU and NICU, Dental, Outpatient & In-patient services.
- The hospital also offers specialised healthcare in eye conditions and diseases through Eye Hospital, a secondary care set up of Christian Hospital Kasganj. More than 60 percent of the services are provided free or at subsidies.
- The hospital also offers training programs which are recognised by UP State Medical faculty Lucknow and Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi.
- The hospital reaches to the most needy communities through outreach programs.
HEAL THE SICK IN THE NAME OF LORD JESUS CHRIST!!
Christian Hospital Kasganj is committed to deliver high quality services that are accessible even to the most underprivileged sections of the society thereby relieving their illness and pain.
- Christian Hospital Kasganj is primarily focussed to meet the health concerns of the poor, ignorant and illiterate people of the Kasganj District. We offer affordable yet excellent services through extremely dedicated team of professionals.
- Training people from the same rural population and giving them the best education and nurturing them with love and caring culture; we ensure that they would go back into their communities and into the world and make a significant difference in their areas of influence.
- As early as 1922, dedicated missionaries from the Presbyterian Church USA started small dispensary for a mission of Christian health care in this region along with the Church. Initially the dispensary catered just to the poor in the immediate vicinity mainly woman and children, but soon it could not suffice the region which made expansion inevitable to a bigger hospital and 6 acres of land was purchased in the outskirts of Kasganj. The hospital started Auxiliary Nurse and Midwifery (ANM) training in the year 1950 which was upgraded to General Nursing Training (GNM) in the year 1982. The G.N.M. Training is affiliated to Uttar Pradesh State Medical Faculty, Recognized by Uttar Pradesh State Nurses & Midwives Council, Lucknow and Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi. In the year 1975 the hospital achieved a milestone by converting itself into a General Hospital providing health care to men, woman and children of the community of Kasganj and surrounding villages.
- The hospital established its rural community network by pioneering its services in the field of community health which was started in the year 1975, to cover the health needs of the people in the radius of 25 km. A referral system was established for this 160 bedded hospital.
- This hospital has a Clinical Laboratory, X-ray and Ultrasound Department, Operation Theatres, Pharmacy, I.C.U., N.I.C.U. and O.P.D. Complex along with Administrative Blocks.
- Christian Hospital Kasganj was involved in Eye Work in the form of organizing free surgical eye camps in the hospital and many external eye hospitals were requested to conduct these camps. In the year 1992 a separate eye department was started to prevent and cure blindness in area around Kasganj. In the year 1998 eye work shifted in to a newly constructed building with modern infrastructure and a very experienced eye team was engaged to carryout eye work. The District authorities recognized our work and we became the biggest Non Government Organisation of the district in the field of eye work. Seeing the need of eye work, we started Eye Hospital at Etah in the year 2007.
- The hospital is registered under Societies Act. 1860 and is exempted under the Income Tax 12 A and also registered under 80G of Income Tax Act- 1961. The hospital is also registered under Foreign Contribution Regulation Act 1976.
- We are running Diploma in Optometry and Diploma in Operation Theatre Technician Courses, which are recognized by Uttar Pradesh State Medical Faculty Lucknow.
CHK front view prior to its renovation in 2015