- As early as 1922, dedicated missionaries from the Presbyterian Church USA started small dispensary for a mission of Christian health care in this region along with the Church. Initially the dispensary catered just to the poor in the immediate vicinity mainly woman and children, but soon it could not suffice the region which made expansion inevitable to a bigger hospital and 6 acres of land was purchased in the outskirts of Kasganj. The hospital started Auxiliary Nurse and Midwifery (ANM) training in the year 1950 which was upgraded to General Nursing Training (GNM) in the year 1982. The G.N.M. Training is affiliated to Uttar Pradesh State Medical Faculty, Recognized by Uttar Pradesh State Nurses & Midwives Council, Lucknow and Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi. In the year 1975 the hospital achieved a milestone by converting itself into a General Hospital providing health care to men, woman and children of the community of Kasganj and surrounding villages.
- The hospital established its rural community network by pioneering its services in the field of community health which was started in the year 1975, to cover the health needs of the people in the radius of 25 km. A referral system was established for this 160 bedded hospital.
- This hospital has a Clinical Laboratory, X-ray and Ultrasound Department, Operation Theatres, Pharmacy, I.C.U., N.I.C.U. and O.P.D. Complex along with Administrative Blocks.
- Christian Hospital Kasganj was involved in Eye Work in the form of organizing free surgical eye camps in the hospital and many external eye hospitals were requested to conduct these camps. In the year 1992 a separate eye department was started to prevent and cure blindness in area around Kasganj. In the year 1998 eye work shifted in to a newly constructed building with modern infrastructure and a very experienced eye team was engaged to carryout eye work. The District authorities recognized our work and we became the biggest Non Government Organisation of the district in the field of eye work. Seeing the need of eye work, we started Eye Hospital at Etah in the year 2007.
- The hospital is registered under Societies Act. 1860 and is exempted under the Income Tax 12 A and also registered under 80G of Income Tax Act- 1961. The hospital is also registered under Foreign Contribution Regulation Act 1976.
- We are running Diploma in Optometry and Diploma in Operation Theatre Technician Courses, which are recognized by Uttar Pradesh State Medical Faculty Lucknow.
CHK front view prior to its renovation in 2015